Discord is the best VoIP apps used among gamers for voice chat while playing the game, and over the years, this app made a great name in the gamers community. Many users are reporting about the Discord application getting stuck. In this problem, the Discord application will freeze irregularly. If you wish to solve this problem, then here are some directions mentioned below.
Turn off Hardware Acceleration
To turn off hardware acceleration, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- Launch the Discord on your device.
- Then select the ‘User Settings’ option.
- Beneath the App Settings section, click on the ‘Appearance’ option.
- Go to the right panel and move down to the Advanced section.
- Now, switch the toggle of ‘Hardware Acceleration’ to disable it.
- Once appear the warning message, hit on the ‘Okay’ button to reboot the application.
- Disable Push-to-talk Feature
To disable the Push-to-talk feature, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- Navigate to the Settings option on Discord.
- Beneath the ‘App Settings’ section and click on the ‘Voice & Video’ option.
- Underneath the Input mode section, choose the ‘Voice Activity’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Esc’ button on the keyboard to shut the Settings screen.
- Turn off Keybinds
To turn off keybinds, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- Go to Discord and launch it.
- Beneath the ‘Keybinds’ section, you should view multiple entries whether such are turned on.
- Then highlight all of them, then hit the cross icon beside them.
- Use or Disable Compatibility Mode
To use or disable compatibility mode, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- Firstly, shut the Discord application completely.
- Thereafter, select the shortcut of Discord and click on the Properties option.
- Navigate to the tab of Compatibility and click on it.
- Beneath the Compatibility mode section, untick the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ box.
- Later, hit the Apply and OK button to save the changes.
- Run DISM and SFC to Check System File
To run DISM and SFC to check the system file, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- Go to the Windows Search panel on your system.
- Then insert ‘cmd’ in it and hit the Enter key to open the Command Prompt.
- Once it launches, right-click on it, then pick Run as administrator.
- You should input the pursuing command then hit the Enter key: sfc /scannow
- You have to wait to complete the scan process and then reboot the system.
- In case this fix didn’t help, then launch the ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ again, then input these commands and hit the Enter button individually:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- dism /online /cleanup-image /check health
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Remove Discord Application Cache and Local Files
To remove Discord application cache and local files, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- To invoke the Run accessory, hit the Win and R buttons altogether on the keyboard.
- Then insert ‘%appdata%’ in it and hit the OK button.
- You should move the cursor until you locate the Discord folder, press the Shift button and hold the Delete button.
- Once again, invoke the Run accessory, hit the Win and R buttons altogether on the keyboard.
- Now, locate the folder of Discord and remove it as described above.
Reinstall the Discord
To reinstall the Discord, follow these on-screen directions given below:
- Go to the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- After that, pick the Settings option.
- Then click on the ‘Apps’ option.
- You should move down until you locate the Discord and click on the Uninstall button.
- Now, pursue on-screen steps.